Stoke-on-Trent Opportunity Area and Stoke-on-Trent City Council are working to raise the aspirations of children in the city and help open their eyes to the wealth of career options there are. They are looking for local businesses to support local primary schools to show children what they do and make them aware of possibilities for the future in relation to jobs. The project is funded until August 2020.
Business Ambassadors could be involved directly with the schools and young people and be able to offer various activities. These activities could include:
- Offering work place visits
- CPD for teachers
- Support a school to develop a careers programme
- Activity delivery in school.
The benefits of being involved include:
- The opportunity for staff to develop new skills
- Promotion of your organisation’s contribution and brand
- A chance to support a local school and the wider community
- A skills-based leadership development opportunity
- An opportunity to access and develop local business networks
- The opportunity as part of your company’s CSR to develop the next generation.
For more information contact Kelly Meir, Project Coordinator: Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org