BCC Incoterms 2020
Thursday 3rd June @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm UTC£130 – £160
Ex Works, CFR, DDP…
Do you know what an Incoterm is…and why it is important?
Join us for the British Chambers of Commerce Incoterms 2020 course which contributes towards the British Chambers of Commerce accredited foundation award in International Trade
Since the last revision in 2010, there have been fundamental changes in global import/export practice and procedures. The new Incoterm rules, effective from 1 January 2020 have been developed to take account of these changes.
All parties involved in exporting or importing should clearly understand the new Incoterms rules to maximise legal certainty in transactions. This half day seminar will consider the general features of the rules and will examine each of them in detail. Principle differences between old and new rules and changing obligations of the parties will be highlighted.
- An understanding of how the Incoterms govern the delivery of goods between parties engaged in an international contract
- Why Incoterms are so important to exporters and importers and how they define the tasks, risks and costs involved in delivering goods from seller to buyer
- Each incoterm in detail and how to select the appropriate one
- Detailed examination of all the Incoterms
- The difference between risk and cost