BCC Rules of Origin
Thursday 17th June @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm UTC£130 – £160
Do you understand Free Trade Agreements and how they impact your import and export business?
Are you aware of the preference and non-preference Rules of Origin and how they apply?
Do you know how to classify your goods for import and export customs purposes?
Join us for the British Chambers of Commerce Rules of Origin course which contributes towards the British Chambers of Commerce accredited foundation award in International Trade
As an international trader it’s your responsibility to ensure that the rules of origin have been followed correctly. According to the rules of origin, when importing or exporting products between countries with which the EU has a Free Trade Agreement, traders may enjoy preferential tariff rates providing their products have sufficient EU content.
Post Brexit, you can no longer count on UK input to the finished product to be considered as EU content. International traders should therefore be looking at their own supply chains to establish what rules may apply. With practical exercises, this essential guide will ensure delegates have a comprehensive understanding of this important area of international trade.
- How to establish the correct tariff and how to classify your goods
- The rules to establish the country of origin of goods and identify those which qualify for lower or nil customs duty
- The percentage rules of origin and preferential trade and how to apply
- Export declarations and supplier declarations
- How to complete the paperwork