- This event has passed.
Creating the right conditions for home working – a course for employers.
Wed 23rd October, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm UTC+0£65
A course for employers to understand the practicalities and benefits of enabling home working.
About this Event
Working from home can be great for business and individuals – if it’s done well. Equally, it can leave staff, employers and organisations wondering what went wrong if it doesn’t work out. Home working needs to be done right if it’s to create business advantage, and productive, motivated staff. It’s so much more than handing someone a laptop and away-you-go!
From an employer’s perspective, this course will examine the conditions that need to be in place to ensure that home working works. It is suitable for managers and team leaders who are predominantly working in office-based environments. It will consider what needs to be done before staff start to work from home, and how to maintain positive connections and productivity as work continues, bringing benefits to business.
The following learning outcomes will be achieved:
• Understand the long-term advantages for business in enabling home working
• How to develop and implement a home working policy
• Spot the potential difficulties that can occur and how to overcome them
• Identify the practical steps required and legal responsibilities
• Assess the suitability of home working for your staff and organisation
• Setting expectations and managing staff working at home
Lunch will be available at 1.00pm for delegates.