Sara is away this week, so our guest blogger is Rob Lawley, Head of International Trade
Increased international trade support ready for January 2021
With the end of the EU withdrawal transition period drawing closer it is vital that companies trading across borders prepare thoroughly for the implications from 1st January 2021.
As always, it is our intention at Staffordshire Chambers to be the ‘go to’ organisation for support on all matters international trade.
To this end, from 1st September we are increasing our support package and changing the existing Export Club to the International Trade Club with the following greatly increased benefits:
· Up to six hours free advice per annum on import/ export technicalities.
· Priority service for customs declarations and access to specialist advice.
· 50% discount on a customs compliance visit – currently charged at £2,000
· £50 discount off a Chamber international trade training course
· Premium walk-in service fee waived for two ‘walk ins’ per annum – currently charged at £15 per walk-in
· Completion of first export document free of charge – currently charged at £25
· Discounted letter of credit and export documentation collection service.
· Discounted credit reports on overseas companies.
· Access to the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) global network
· Exclusive invites to four International Trade Club breakfasts per annum
There will be workshops from the beginning of October covering the topics associated with the new customs regime which will be underpinned by our existing suite of courses and more new workshops focussing on the customs declaration service.
In the meantime if you have any enquiries or issues please contact our international trade team on 01782 202222 or visit www.staffordshirechambers.co.uk/internationaltrade/
If you want to talk to us about any business issues, you can call our switchboard on 01782 202222 or call the Stoke and Staffs Growth Hub Helpline on 0300 111 8002. We also have a Twitter hour each Tuesday and Friday from 11am – 12noon #StaffsChamberChat