Manufacturers need a secure supply of energy, stable energy prices and a business-friendly energy tax regime. We want to secure ongoing business investment, competitiveness and jobs.
- A national long-term energy security strategy so that businesses have access to reliable sources of power;
- Extension of investment allowances to cover more energy efficiency technologies and help manage business costs;
- Climate related taxes which do not disadvantage manufacturing firms compared with their overseas competitors;
- Strong links to national energy systems research facilities, to build upon existing skills and expertise and promote new inward investment opportunities;
- Expedite delivery of the Stoke-on-Trent District Heating Network, enhance energy sector skill levels, and develop a local supply chain to maximise the benefits for local businesses;
- To make Staffordshire a global leader in energy efficiency and energy innovation.
Businesses to access the support available to reduce energy costs and improve fuel and energy efficiency.
The Chamber’s Energy Forum looks to discuss these issues in great detail, to help to create our policy positions, lobby government and to provide awareness to businesses on how to tackle future problems. If you would like to get involved, please click here.