Do you want to reduce export risk, bank charges and improve efficiency?
Join us for the British Chambers of Commerce Letters of Credit course which contributes towards the British Chambers of Commerce accredited foundation award in International Trade
It is estimated that over 75% of documents presented to a bank under a Letter of Credit are rejected on first presentation. This course will help you reduce this risk and will help exporters to arrange workable letters of credit from overseas buyers as well as prepare and present complying documents to the bank.
You will gain confidence in handling letters of credit even with the most challenging of terms.
This training is suitable for all companies dealing with Letters of Credit when trading internationally. Knowledge and understanding is reinforced through the use of exercises and detailed checklists. It is important for many areas of business such as finance, sales and logistic departments to have confidence when handling letters of credit.
Identify L/C procedures and how they work:
- Understand the main parties within a L/C transaction and their roles
- Identify the different methods of payment and different types of L/C
- Gain an understanding of the jargon and rules UCP600
- Comply with the requirements of the L/C
- Apply best practice for preparing and presenting L/C paperwork
- Save significant time and money and minimise risk