Last night saw over 400 guests gather in the sunshine to celebrate the success stories from some of Staffordshire’s finest companies. The Chamber’s annual black-tie business awards ceremony was held at the County Showground where finalists, sponsors and local media joined a wide variety of businesses that highlighted the innovation and diversity across Staffordshire.
This year 16 awards were presented, with Erwin Hymer Centre Travelwold receiving the most prestigious award of all, the Business of the Year.
The whole evening was a great success which showcased the valuable contributions both businesses and individuals make towards the prosperity and wellbeing of the area.
Over the coming weeks, case studies will be published on the Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce website detailing profiles of the Staffordshire Business Awards 2019 winners.
Sara Williams, Chief Executive at Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, said: “This year we have seen a number of exceptional entries for this year’s awards, which made judging across the board very difficult. More than other years this has showcased the innovation, spirit, creativity and ingenuity which should be applauded and supported across the whole of the county.
The evening was a true celebration of all things Staffordshire using locally manufactured awards, food and drinks sourced from Staffordshire farms and suppliers.
Thank you to all of our sponsors and to everyone who entered the awards. Many congratulations to all of our winners and finalists.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Most Promising New Start-up sponsored by Grindeys Solicitors – Green Griddle Ltd
- Digital Award sponsored by Synetics Solutions– SkinBase
- Retail, Leisure, Culture and Tourism Award sponsored by Tile Mountain – Gladstone Pottery Museum
- International Trade Award sponsored by The Department for International Trade WM – EffecTech
- Science, Technology and Innovation Award sponsored by University of Wolverhampton – Specialised Orthotic Services
- Environment / Low Carbon Award sponsored by Keele University – The Wool Packaging Company Ltd – Woolcool
- Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Staffordshire University – Steve Timmis, Sempar Accountancy & Tax
- Employee of the Year sponsored by Staffordshire Partnership for Employment & Skills – Danielle Louise Heath, Goddard Dunbar & Associates Ltd
- Young Employee/Apprentice of the Year sponsored by Stoke on Trent & Staffordshire Enterprise Partnership – Jake Gordon, Key Plant / Buxton & Leek College
- Small Business of the Year sponsored by SBEN LCBEP – EPX Technical Services
- Medium/ Large Business of the Year sponsored by Dains Accountants – Lodge Tyre Company Ltd
- Manufacturer of the Year sponsored by Michelin – Addfield Environmental Systems Ltd
- Professional Services of the Year sponsored by Finest – Infinity IT Solutions
- Professional Services of the Year sponsored by Finest – Prosurv Consult Limited
- Employer of the Year sponsored by NSCG – Freeths LLP
- Business of the Year sponsored by HSBC – Erwin Hymer Centre Travelworld